Monday, December 12, 2011

Climbing down the Mountain

The next day was Sunday and Mike was due to give a teleconference sunday school lesson at 10. So I figured, "Let's sleep in till 9:30!" Maybe he was nervous about his lesson, or maybe he just hates restful sleep, but he was up at the crack of dawn, playing with the hostel dog, or exploring and taking beautiful pictures. But hey, I got to sleep and now we have more awesome pictures, so I'm not complaining.
Here are the pre-Becca-wake-up pictures.
The hostels pooch 

all I think when I look at these mountains is how the heck these rocks came to be.

Like little trees growing on top of a rock.



haha The sweet painting our room had in it.
Anyway, after Mike's awesome lesson and the cutest/strangest primary program ever, (It being over the phone) we packed up and started on our way down the mountain.
So Happy, so naive, so many steps left to climb 
A sweet pose I've learnt from the students here


poor little pooch did not like being so near to the ledge



They would buy these locks and put them on the railings to solidify their love.

There was a lot of love.


Sweet classicly dressed chinese women everywhere. 




Welcome to Pandora! (it cost money so I just took pictures of the locals for free haha)


Here begins the endless stairs





Don't be fooled by our pleased facade


These stairs were no walk in the park...



What?! They'll carry you down?













I made a friend.

And then planet of the apes began!


Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment