Saturday, December 17, 2011

Changsha

Did you know Chairman Mao is from Changsha?
Wait, you don't know who Chairman Mao is?
Don't worry I didn't either.
But, so you now can know and not look like a fool when you come to China, he is pretty much China's biggest hero. To be honest, I'm just now realising I haven't the slightest as to what he did. I think he united China or something. If otherwise, feel free to comment and let myself and everyone else know! :)

Anyway, Changsha is the big city(8-9 million) near our little town of 1.4 million, Liuyang. Anywhere we travel, Changsha is the middle ground, and as a result, everytime we're there, it's a bit stressful. So we decided last weekend to travel to Changsha, and then stay in Changsha. See what it's all about.

Turns out, its all about Chairman Mao. I wish I would have gotten some pictures of our hostel.
Mao was the main decoration theme.
This picture doesn't do it justice, but this is a HUGE bust of his wind-blown head.


But let's get real, we didn't come for him. 
We came for the kebabs, the sights, and the fireworks. Turns out we got a lunar eclipse as well! :)

The place next to McDonalds is so delicious!
No, we did not eat these kebabs! 
We ate these kebabs! Mmm.

Merry Christmas! from: Nature




...and of course, as always, me and my entourage




Merry Christmas! from: Changsha


The cutest little Charlie Brown Cafe! (The first sandwhich in 4 months. So delicious!)


This is the ferris wheel we were on while watching the lunar eclipse. Per' git! 

Merry Christmas! from: The Walkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment